Are you looking for the best WordPress plugins to grow your traffic and conversions?
With over 55,000 WordPress plugins, it’s no wonder you’re confused which WordPress business plugins to choose. And not all plugins are free or work as promised, so making the wrong choice can literally cost you money.
Fortunately, we love playing with WordPress plugins. And we happen to be experts in conversion rate optimization, which is a fancy way of saying we know how to grow businesses.
In this article, we’ll share the must have WordPress plugins every website and WordPress blog should try.
- All in One SEO (AIOSEO): Best SEO Plugin (Free Version)
- OptinMonster: Best Lead Generation Plugin (Free Version)
- MonsterInsights: Best Analytics Plugin (Free Version)
- WPForms: Best Contact Form Plugin (Free Version)
- TrustPulse: Best Social Proof App
- SeedProd: Best Landing Page Builder
- WP Mail SMTP: Best Mail Delivery Plugin
- WP Rocket: Best Site Speed Plugin
- Sucuri Firewall: Best Security Plugin
- UpdraftPlus: Best Backup Plugin (Free Version)
- PushEngage: Best Push Notification Tool
- MemberPress: Best Membership & LMS Plugin
- Shared Counts: Best Social Share Button Plugin (Free)
- WPCode: Best Script Insertion Plugin (Free)
- RafflePress: Best Giveaway Plugin for WordPress
- SearchWP: Best Search Plugin
- Uncanny Automator: Best Automation Plugin
- Smash Balloon: Best Social Media Feed Plugin (Free Version)
- WP Simple Pay: Best Stripe Payments Plugin
- Easy Digital Downloads: Best Digital Store Plugin
- WooCommerce: Best eCommerce Plugin
- AffiliateWP: Best Affiliate Program Plugin
- WPML: Best Translation Plugin
- Antispam Bee: Best Spam Blocking Plugin (Free)
- Sugar Calendar: Best Event Calendar Plugin
- PublishPress: Best Editorial Calendar Plugin
- ThirstyAffiliates: Best Affiliate Link Cloaking Plugin
- Constant Contact: Best Email Marketing Plugin
- Nextiva: Best VoIP Plugin
- LiveChat: Best Chat Support Plugin
- EWWW Image Optimizer: Image Compression Plugin
- WP Control: Best Feature Disabling Plugin
- TablePress: Best Table Plugin (Free)
- Envira Gallery: Best Gallery Plugin
- AdSanity: Best Ad Rotator Plugin
- Missed Scheduled Posts: Best Missed Schedule Error Plugin
- Autonami: Best Marketing Automation Plugin
1. All in One SEO (AIOSEO): Best SEO Plugin
AIOSEO is the most comprehensive WordPress SEO toolkit.
Why does SEO matter so much? Well, even if you have the best marketing strategy and content on earth, none of that matters if no one sees your website in the first place.
SEO is how visitors find your website. AIOSEO helps you write better titles, meta descriptions, al tags, and more. This will help your content get to the top of the search results page.
Over 3 million professionals use this plugin as a result.
Key AIOSEO Features:
- Link Assistant: Helps you manage internal and external links
- Redirection Manager: Prevents users and search engines from getting lost when you move or delete content
- Rich Snippets Schema: Helps you get more rich snippets like reviews, products, or top stories
- SEO Audit Checklist: Identifies critical SEO errors and suggestions for improvement in seconds
- TruSEO On-Page Analysis: Gives you a smart SEO checklist for every post and page
- XML Sitemaps: Show search engines where to find content on your site
Why You’ll Love AIOSEO
We appreciate that AIOSEO is both powerful and easy to use.
It has an automated setup wizard to help you choose SEO settings for your business. But you still get customized, actionable suggestions for each page. The TruSEO score updates in real time as you make changes so you can immediately see results.
There’s a lite version of AIOSEO you can download from the WordPress plugin repository. The premium version starts at $49/year.
Alternative: Yoast SEO
2. OptinMonster: Best Lead Generation Plugin
OptinMonster is the premium WordPress plugin for growing your email list, leads, and sales. Whether you want to convert abandoning visitors into customers, increase pageviews, increase conversions, then OptinMonster is your go-to plugin.
Our drag and drop builder, Exit-Intent ® technology, and precise targeting are truly hard to beat.
No matter what type of online business you run, OptinMonster has a solution for you.
- 6 Opt-in Campaign Types: Match your campaign type to your goals with popup, floating bar, slide-in, inline, fullscreen, and gamified
- Campaign Triggers: Show your campaigns at the right time with Exit-Intent® Technology, Scroll Trigger, MonsterLinks™, Inactivity Sensor™, Timed Display Control, Campaign Scheduling, and other triggers
- Targeted Campaigns: Find the right audience for your campaigns with Referrer Detection, Page-Level Targeting, OnSite Follow Up Campaigns®, OnSite Retargeting®, Geo-Location Targeting, Cookie Retargeting, Device-Based Retargeting, and AdBlock Detection
- Drag & Drop Builder: Have your optin form ready in minutes with our easy to use builder
- Seamless Integrations: Connect your campaigns with the marketing and sales tools you’re already using, like Mailchimp or Hubspot
This WordPress plugin also provides award-winning support via email and, for many, chat. There are lots of tutorials to help you get started and supercharge your list-building.
Why You’ll Love OptinMonster
Like AIOSEO, OptinMonster is user-friendly but full of powerful features. You can get started right away, then refine your campaigns as your business grows.
OptinMonster comes with more WordPress-specific targeting rules than any other plugin. This lets you show campaigns to the right people. And it’s not just one of the best tools for WordPress lead generation, it works on other sites like Shopify and Squarespace as well!
Ready to get started? Click below to start your risk-free OptinMonster account!
Get Started With OptinMonster Today!
Our conversion experts will design 1 free campaign for you to get maximum results – absolutely FREE! Click here to get started →
You can also find a lite version of OptinMonster on WordPress.org. The pro version starts at $9/month.
3. MonsterInsights: Best Analytics Plugin
MonsterInsights is the best WordPress analytics plugin around.
Why is an analytics plugin so important? You can’t improve what you can’t measure.
MonsterInsights allows you to understand complicated analytics like traffic sources and audience behavior easily. You’ll know what’s working and where you’re wasting your time.
With MonsterInsights, you won’t have to guess what to do next. The data can drive your strategy.
MonsterInsights also offers eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads. You can see your sales trends instantly without messing with spreadsheets or calculations.
- Analytics Tracking: Dig deep with over a dozen tracking features like affiliate link, post type, outbound link, and eCommerce tracking
- Custom Reports: See your analytics data from within your WordPress dashboard (and save 5+ minutes a day!)
- Integrations: Connect with your eCommerce, form, affiliate, and other plugins you’re already using
- No-code Installation: Set up your analytics without a developer
Why You’ll Love MonsterInsights
We love how MonsterInsights just works. Do you see a pattern with all our favorite WordPress business plugins? Easy but powerful.
Installation and setup are simple, and additional features are available at the press of a button.
Website analytics are vital to the growth of your business, and with MonsterInsights, you have real-time access to the data you need.
And yes, there’s a lite version of MonsterInsights you can try too! The premium version starts at $99.50/year.
4. WPForms: Best Contact Form Plugin
WPForms is the best WordPress contact form plugin.
Every website needs a contact form. But WPForms can also create surveys, conversational forms, quizzes, and even payment forms. All without any coding at all.
- Drag & Drop Form Builder: Easily create your forms in just a few minutes without coding
- Instant Notifications: See form submissions and respond soon as they contact you
- Responsive Designs: Show your forms beautifully on any screen size
- Payment Processor Addons: Collect payments with Stripe, Paypal, Square, and more
- Integrations: Connect your form to your favorite email marketing, CRM, and other tools
Why You’ll Love WPForms
Your contact, registration, and payment forms will look super professional. And you’ll be able to collect important information easily and respond quickly as needed. The lite version of WPForms is a great place to start if you don’t need payment forms, integrations, or other advanced features just yet. The premium WordPress plugin starts at $39.50/year.
5. TrustPulse: Best Social Proof App
TrustPulse is the best WordPress addon for driving up conversions with social proof.
Visitors see real-time customer activity as eye-catching activity bubbles. These notifications can add credibility.
Maybe you even saw a little popup about someone buying OptinMonster while you were reading this article. Yup, that’s TrustPulse!
TrustPulse isn’t actually a plugin, it’s just a line of code that you insert on your website. It’s one of the few WordPress tools on this list that can also be used on other sites like Squarespace, Wix, or Shopify.
- Real-Time Event Tracking: Show a live stream of any action on your website
- “On Fire” Notifications: Show how many people are taking action in a given period
- Smart Targeting: Show your social proof notifications to the right people at the right time with advanced targeting rules and timing controls
- Flexible Design Options: Customize the message, colors, images, and more to match the look and feel of your website
- Actionable Analytics: See at a glance which pages deliver the highest conversions
Why You’ll Love TrustPulse
Social proof is persuasive. Something as simple as a popup telling site visitors someone bought your product goes a long way.
TrustPulse is easy to set up and works on any website. Whether you’re on WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace, or another platform, you can use TrustPulse.
6. SeedProd: Best Landing Page Builder
SeedProd is an easy way to create beautiful WordPress pages in minutes.
The page builder plugin can build lead capture pages, sales pages, coming soon pages, and more.
- Drag & Drop Page Builder: Build great-looking themes, pages, and layouts fast without any coding
- Block and Template Library: Use our premade, professionally designed blocks and templates to save time on your website design
- Live Previews: See changes on any page, whether draft or live
- Built-In Coming Soon and Maintenance Modes: Limit access to your website while under construction
- Integrations: Connect with WooCommerce and top email marketing providers
Why You’ll Love SeedProd
SeedProd is a versatile page builder without all the fuss of more complex themes.
There are plenty of blocks and templates ready to go if you need to whip up a landing, maintenance, or 404 page fast.
Power users, you can also build your entire website top to bottom with SeedProd’s Theme Builder.
Alternatives: Elementor and Beaver Builder are both good website builders. Divi is a popular WordPress theme with powerful page-building features.
7. WP Mail SMTP: Best Mail Delivery Plugin
WP Mail SMTP is a WPForms plugin, which makes sure emails from your website get to where they’re going.
WordPress uses PHP by default, which is effective for many things. But its mail function isn’t the best because its emails aren’t authenticated.
Without authentication, emails are often not sent at all. If they are, these emails end up going to spam. This can really hurt your bottom line since you can’t respond to customer emails you never see.
WP Mail SMTP can fix this problem. Over 2 million sites use this Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) tool for sending emails.
- White Glove Setup: Allow our experts to install and configure WP Mail SMTP for you
- Email Log: Save details about every email sent from your WordPress site
- Email Reports: Create graphs of email tracking and deliverability statistics
- Integrations: Connect with major email providers like Sendinblue, Outlook, Gmail, and more
Why You’ll Love WP Mail SMTP
We know SMTP can sound intimidating. That’s why we love how WP Mail SMTP offers installation, setup, configuration and testing to get the plugin working.
WP Mail SMTP is an easy way to improve your email deliverability and security. This helps you respond faster to leads and newly registered users, which ultimately grows your bottom line.
8. WP Rocket: Best Site Speed Plugin
WP Rocket is proud to call itself the “all-in-one web performance plugin.” It makes Google and visitors happy by improving your site speed. And it’s fast and easy for you to set up. When you activate WP Rocket, it gets to work.
Key WP Rocket Features
- Page Caching: Load your site pages ultra-fast
- Browser Caching: Store frequently-accessed resources directly on visitor devices
- Excellent Compatibility: Works with tons of themes and plugins
- eCommerce Optimization: Stores run smoothly while protecting sensitive information
Why You’ll Love WP Rocket
WP Rocket begins to speed up your site as soon as it’s added. This WordPress caching plugin aims to please visitors and search engines.
Alternative: W3 Total Cache
9. Sucuri Firewall: Best Security Plugin
If you don’t have a firewall, you’re leaving your site open to hackers and malware attacks. Sucuri Firewall offers a WordPress security plugin complementing Sucuri services, integrating them into your site.
Key Sucuri Firewall Features
- Malware and Hack Protection
- Bad Bot Blocking: Automatic protection from malicious bots or hacker tools
- Geo Blocking: Choose which countries to block entirely or choose the top 3 attack countries
- DDoS Attack Mitigation: Block Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks that can cause costly downtime
- Virtual Patching and Hardening: Constantly updated server rules and patches protect your site
- CDN: Speed optimization through a content delivery network
Why You’ll Love Sucuri Firewall
WP Activity Log is an important companion plugin that keeps a log of all user activity that you can download for free.
Alternative: Jetpack, Wordfence
10. UpdraftPlus: Best Backup Plugin (Free Version)
UpdraftPlus is the most trusted WordPress backup plugin.
Editing mistakes and malicious website attacks happen all the time. UpdraftPlus ensures you have a secure backup ready in case you need it.
Even the free version lets you backup files and databases to the cloud and restores with a single click.
Key UpdraftPlus Features
- Multisite Compatibility
- Backups: Back up your data manually or automatically
- Storage: 1 GB of storage included free with more available for purchase
- 1-click Restore
Why You’ll Love UpdraftPlus
The base UpdraftPlus plugin is one of the best free WordPress plugins, which is fantastic. You can upgrade for extra features and support.
Alternative: Backupbuddy is a WordPress backup solution that handles backup, storage, and restoration all in one plugin.
11. PushEngage: Best Push Notification Tool
PushEngage is an excellent WordPress addon for boosting sales through push notifications.
Once your customers opt in, you can send personalized, triggered push notifications like low inventory, price drop, and abandoned cart messages.
- Customizable Optins: Maximize signups with timely, targeted push notification opt-ins
- Flexible Styling: Customize the copy, visuals, and branding of your push notifications
- Personalization: Tailor your push notifications with geo-location, language, or time zone
- Segmentation: Target the right subscribers at the right time based on the page they subscribed from, pages viewed, device type, location, and more
- Advanced Analytics: Track views, clicks, sales and revenue of each push notification, campaign, or funnel
Why You’ll Love PushEngage
PushEngage is the best WordPress plugin for push notifications. But you can also use it on Shopify, Squarespace, and nearly every other website platform.
You don’t need any coding skills to use PushEngage, and it won’t slow down your website. For those of you working with customers in the EU, PushEngage is GDPR compliant as well.
12. MemberPress: Best Membership & LMS Plugin
MemberPress is the best plugin to create a membership site, an online course site, and a content paywall.
You can limit access to your website content, including courses and digital download, to paying members only.
Key MemberPress Features
- Courses: Create and sell online courses from within your membership program without a separate plugin or download
- Easy Setup: Install the plugin, connect your payment gateway, and go
- Access Rules: Control over what content your users can see based on what membership or digital products they purchase
- Community Forum Integration: Build a VIP space for your members with bbPress and many other WordPress forum plugins
- Custom Coupons: Promote your memberships with custom coupon codes
Why You’ll Love MemberPress
MemberPress is super easy to set up but packs a lot of features. With MemberPress you can group members, control upgrades, and create dynamic pricing pages. It also sends reminder emails, making it simple to advertise holiday or flash sales.
Alternatives: LearnDash is another powerful online course platform, though it doesn’t have the general content access rules that MemberPress does. If you just want to sell digital downloads, Easy Digital Downloads is also a good option.
13. Shared Counts: Best Social Share Button Plugin (Free)
Shared Counts is a social sharing plugin that makes it easy to share content. It also shows how many times a blog post or web page has been shared. This is a subtle but powerful form of social proof. After all, if hundreds of people have shared an article, it must be pretty good.
Key Shared Counts Features
- Included Buttons: Facebook, Pinterest, Yummly, Twitter, LinkedIn, Email, Print
- Automatic Share Button Placement: Place share buttons before, after, or before and after content across your site with one click
- Styling: Pick from the many styling options to best match your branding
- GDPR Compliance: Track without cookies or storing user data
Why You’ll Love Shared Counts
Shared Counts does its one job incredibly well. The code is lean so it won’t slow down your site. And the plugin is free! Hard to get better than that.
14. WPCode: Best Script Insertion Plugin (Free)
To use custom CSS, Google Analytics, or Facebook Pixel, you have to insert code into your WordPress site header or footer. WPCode is one of the best free plugins for WordPress that lets you add code without modifying your theme files or messing with lots of different plugins.
Key WPCode Features:
- Quick Setup
- Simple Use
- Over 500 5-star reviews
Why You’ll Love WPCode
This is another simple and sweet plugin that does what it was designed to do perfectly. It’s easy to install and use. Best of all, it’s free!
15. RafflePress: Best Giveaway Plugin for WordPress
RafflePress is the best giveaway plugin for WordPress. Giveaways and contests are one of the most effective ways to grow subscriber lists.
This WordPress business plugin can simplify this for blogs and social media. No more manually tallying comments, likes, or shares. RafflePress can do it for you!
- Drag & Drop Builder: Easily build creative, eye-catching contests
- 1-Click Entry: Make it easy and fun for visitors to enter your contests
- Fraud Protection: Ensure that all entries are legitimate
- Marketing, CRM, and Social Media Integrations: Connect RafflePress with your existing marketing and sales tools
- Retargeting: Add a Facebook, Google Adsense, or other scripts to your contest to retarget users after they enter
Why You’ll Love RafflePress
Contests are a fun way to build your list, generate leads, and increase brand awareness. RafflePress handles all the hard work so you can see the results fast.
16. SearchWP: Best Search Plugin
SearchWP is a powerful WordPress search plugin to improve site search.
WordPress default search leaves out PDFs, tables, text files, and WooCommerce products. SearchWP makes all this important data searchable to help your users find what they need quickly.
- Search Everything: custom fields, PDFs, ACF fields, and more
- Detailed Search Metrics: See what visitors search for and use that data to improve your marketing strategy
- Keyword Stemming: Show better results by using keyword stems instead of exact term matches
- Custom Algorithms: Customize how results are ranked to prioritize your highest-converting pages
- Integration: Connects with WooCommerce, bbPress, Easy Digital Downloads and many other plugins and themes
Why You’ll Love SearchWP
SearchWP helps you create a truly custom search experience based on what you know about your customers. This can improve your bounce rate and boost your conversions, with minimal effort from you.
17. Uncanny Automator: Best Automation Plugin
Uncanny Automator connects existing WordPress plugins and apps to automate routine tasks.
Imagine creating a form for customers, then having to enter their details into a Google Sheet by hand. After you’ve done that, you need to email everyone, again one by one.
Uncanny Automator can automate tasks like that and many, many more. Set up an if/then for tedious parts of your job and let it do the work.
Choose triggers, select actions they cause, and let Uncanny Automator work for you.
Key Uncanny Automator Features
- Integration: Connect over 80 WordPress plugins
- Intuitive Recipe Editor: Combine triggers and actions any way you want
- Site-to-Site Recipes: Automate tasks between websites
Why You’ll Love Uncanny Automator
Uncanny Automator can save you hours of time and prevent mistakes that happen when doing tasks manually. Link up tools you’re already using and save yourself the hassle of transitioning to an all-in-one platform that may not actually have all the things you need.
18. Smash Balloon: Best Social Media Feed Plugin (Free Version)
Smash Balloon is the perfect way to add a social media feed to your WordPress website.
Embedding social media feeds on WordPress websites is notoriously tricky, but Smash Balloon makes it simple. Their suite of 5 plugins are custom designed to beautifully display your posts from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, either separately or in one big social wall.
- Feed Creation Wizard: Set up your feed quickly with just a few clicks
- Feed Customizer: Use the prebuilt layouts, powerful visual creator, and live preview to create the perfect social feed
- Downtime Prevention: Never worry about your feed going down with reliable backups, critical alerts, and other safeguards
- Speed Optimizer: Keep your pages running quickly with smart data loading, optimized images, and other speed features
- SEO Booster: Make your social media feed content searchable and improve your SEO
Why You’ll Love Smash Balloon
Smash Balloon helps save time, increase social engagement, and add dynamic SEO content. The WordPress plugin’s support is also out of this world! Plus, Smash Balloon is GDPR compliant. You can use the lite plugins for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube for free through the WordPress plugin repository.
19. WP Simple Pay: Best Stripe Payments Plugin
WP Simple Pay is the easiest way to create payment forms quickly without the hassle of setting up a full shopping cart or eCommerce solution.
- Drag & Drop Payment Form Builder: Build your custom form without any coding
- Custom Amount Payments: Let visitors pay what they want with optional minimum and default amounts
- Subscription Options: Sell subscriptions with optional custom amount, setup fee, or free trials
- Coupon Codes: Offer percent or amount-off discounts
- Payment Options: Accept Apply Pay, Google Pay, Klarna, ACH, Alipay, and other payment methods
Why You’ll Love WP Simple Pay
This plugin will save you time by streamlining the payment form creation process. It can also boost your revenue and reduce fees by offering many different payment options.
20. Easy Digital Downloads: Best Digital Store Plugin
Easy Digital Downloads is the easiest way to sell digital products like ebooks, plugins, and PDFs.
It’s designed especially for digital products so you don’t have to worry about customizing or hiding irrelevant settings like shipping
Key Easy Digital Downloads Features
- Shopping Cart: Customize appearance and behavior of shopping cart to create the best user experience
- Customer Management: Maintain records for each customer
- Discount Codes: Choose discount type, included products, start and end dates, cart minimum and usage rules
- Data Reporting: View earnings and track taxes
- Hundreds of extensions
Why You’ll Love Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads makes it simple to have a digital product business in minutes. It’s easy to use and actively supported with plenty of extensions to truly tailor the plugin to your needs.
21. WooCommerce: Best eCommerce Plugin
When you use WooCommerce, you get a robust, customizable eCommerce program. You can make an online store with a WooCommerce theme and manage orders and customers.
WooCommerce has hundreds of extensions and companion plugins, including marketing, payment, and shipping options. One we like in particular is WooFunnels. You can use WooFunnels to build high-converting checkouts, order bumps, upsells, and automations to boost your revenue.
Key WooCommerce Features
- Quick Setup: The New Store Owners Guide makes it easy to add WooCommerce to WordPress in minutes
- Secure and Flexible Payments: Accept credit cards, bank transfers, checks, cash on delivery, and region-specific gateways
- Mobile App: Manage orders, print labels, and calculate taxes on the go
- Limitless Customization: Enhance your store with hundreds of extensions for coupons, subscriptions, product variations, and more
- Extensive Documentation and Support Forum: Get help whenever you need
Why You’ll Love WooCommerce
WooCommerce is the most powerful WordPress eCommerce option available. You can customize every part of the sales and checkout process to be exactly what your customers need.
This WordPress tool works with popular providers. Plus, extensions can help you add lesser-known payment gateways. When you offer customers payment options, you remove barriers.
22. AffiliateWP: Best Affiliate Program Plugin
AffiliateWP is an easy-to-use, reliable WordPress plugin with all the affiliate marketing tools you need to grow your business.
AffiliateWP lets you track your affiliates and referrals, all from within your WordPress dashboard,
- Affiliate Tracking: Reliably track your referrals even on servers with aggressive caching
- Integrated Payouts Service: Pay your affiliates directly to their bank accounts or debit cards with just a few clicks
- Affiliate Coupon Tracking: Give your affiliates special coupon codes to promote their links
- Affiliate Area: Let your affiliates track their performance in their own dashboard
- Affiliate URLs: Use pretty or non-pretty URLs and let affiliates choose their own affiliate IDs
Why You’ll Love AffiliateWP
AffiliateWP takes all the hassle out of affiliate marketing. The plugin is easy to use, reliable, and just works when you need it to.
Alternative: EasyAffiliate is another great all-in-one affiliate program plugin for WordPress.
23. WPML: Best Translation Plugin
WPML lets you build and run sites in different languages. People are more likely to buy if they can clearly understand the website they’re buying from.
Having a multilingual site isn’t just for international companies. If your small business sells to customers in areas where languages other than English are commonly spoken, being multilingual can help you stand out.
Key WPML Features
- Flexible Translation Methods: Translate entire sites automatically or create your own translations
- Multilingual eCommerce: Build and run multilingual and multi-currency eCommerce stores
- String Translation: Translate texts in other plugins and admin screens
- Multinlingual SEO: Optimize your sites for searches in multiple languages
Why You’ll Love WPML
WPML is fast and efficient, which keeps your page speed high. It’s laso stable and secure, with internal and external audits by the developers. It works with almost any WordPress theme and plugin
Alternatives: TranslatePress is a great front-end translation plugin. Polylang lets you translate all sorts of WordPress content and metadata.
24. Antispam Bee: Best Spam Blocking Plugin (Free)
Antispam Bee is a free spam blocking plugin that eliminates spam comments and trackbacks.
Key Antispam Bee Features:
- Trusted Commenters: Approve commenters manually or automatically approve commenters with a Gravatar
- IP Address Validation: Make sure commenters have a legitimate IP address
- Notifications: Get emails about incoming spam
- Spam Statistics: Get daily updates of spam detection rate and total blocked spam comments
Why You’ll Love Antispam Bee
The plugin is simple, free of charge, ad-free, and 100% GDPR compliant. What’s not to like?
Alternative: Akismet is a trusted spam solution with over 7 million users.
25. Sugar Calendar: Best Event Calendar Plugin
Sugar Calendar is the best event calendar and booking plugin for WordPress. It lets you schedule events, sell tickets, sync with Google Calendar, and more.
- Custom Formatting: Display the date and event time zones exactly how you want
- Simple Admin Interface: View event posts on calendar or list, and filter or search all on one screen
- Repeating Events: Set up daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly events wih custom end dates
- Front End Display Options: Use shortcodes to put your calendar and events anywhere you want
- Event Importer: Bring in existing data from a CSV or XML file with ease
Why You’ll Love Sugar Calendar
Sugar Calendar is lightweight and performance-ready. It’s also less expensive than many WordPress business plugins.
Alternative: Modern Events Calendar is another popular WordPress calendar plugin.
26. PublishPress: Best Editorial Calendar Plugin
PublishPress turns your WordPress site into an editorial publishing machine.
You can organize, schedule, and plan your WordPress content from within the dashboard. No need to keep separate calendars on a spreadsheet or task management app!
Key PublishPress Features
- Editorial Calendar: Create content directly on the calendar and drag and drop to new publication dates
- Notifications: Keep your publishing team up to date on changes to important content
- Content Overview: Organize content by status, categories, or useres
- Custom Statues: Create your own post status to match your team’s workflow
- Editorial Comments: Leave comments under each post
Why You’ll Love PublishPress
PublishPress makes it easy to manage large content sites and publishing teams efficiently. Their support is outstanding, and there’s a wide variety of accompanying plugins to supercharge your publishing even further.
27. ThirstyAffiliates: Best Affiliate Link Cloaking Plugin
ThirstyAffiliates is one of the best WordPress plugins if you are promoting affiliate links.
You can use this plugin to cloak long, ugly affiliate links, protect your commissions, and easily insert affiliate links into blog posts.
Over 440,000 WordPress sites use this WordPress plugin for their businesses. It has a low learning curve and could simplify your affiliate linking strategy.
Key ThirstyAffiliates Features
- Autolinking: Provide the keywords and your affiliate link is linked automatically
- Smart Uncloaking: Uncloak links for compliance with Amazon
- Automatic 404 Checker: Check your affiliate links proactively to avoid 404 errors
- Geolocation Links: Provide alternate destinations for international clicks
- Import/Export: Manage your own affiliate links and import links from 3rd party APIs
Why You’ll Love ThirstyAffiliates
Thirsty Affiliates manages affiliate links, so you needn’t worry about changes affecting sales.
When a partner changes their link, you no longer have to update manually.
This saves you time and loads of revenue in lost sales.
Alternatives: Pretty Links is a WordPress plugin that combines link shortening, link management, and QR code generator functions.
28. Constant Contact: Best Email Marketing Plugin
Constant Contact is an email marketing and automation tool. We recommend it because it’s made for beginners.
Constant Contact lets you send targeted emails with their autoresponder. This helps build relationships while saving time.
Key Constant Contact Features
- Design Templates: Choose from hundreds of designs to start sending emails right away
- Marketing Automation: Send general and personalized email marketing on autopilot
- Reports: Monitor your email campaign performance and make data-driven adjustments
Why You’ll Love Constant Contact
Constant Contact combines all the digital marketing tools you need in one easy-to-use platform. It also integrates well with specialty tools for lead generation like OptinMonster. They also have award-winning customer support.
Alternatives: Sendinblue, Hubspot, and Omnisend are all reliable and powerful integrated marketing solutions.
29. Nextiva: Best VoIP Plugin
Nextiva is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) business phone service. It has unlimited domestic calling, voicemail to email or text, and more.
Key Nextiva Features
- Auto Attendant: Give callers a menu of options to choose from
- Call Forwarding: Protect your personal phone number and forward calls based on business hours or holidays
- Call Recording: Record calls for training or documentation purposes
- Video Conferencing: Host online meetings with HD voice and video
- Toll-Free Numbers: Improve your customer experience and credibility with a toll-free number
- Click to Call: Use the companion plugin WP Call Button to quickly and easily add a click to call button to your website
Why You’ll Love Nextiva
Even in the digital age, good phone service still matters. Nextiva provides a complete business phone solution.
Alternatives: RingCentral and Ooma both provide excellent business phone and messaging services.
30. LiveChat: Best Chat Support Plugin
LiveChat lets you support visitors who want instant answers to questions and concerns.
Key LiveChat Features
- Message Sneak-Peek: Reply faster with full previews of what the customer is typing
- Canned Responses: Save responses to common question and reuse with just a few keystrokes
- Messaging Channels: Respond via SMS, chat widget, Facebook Messenger, email, WhatsApp Business, and other channels
- Rich Messages: Send buttons, quick replies, cards, and other intuitive message features
Why You’ll Love LiveChat
LiveChat has tons of customization options. It also offers a mobile app and integrates with other tools you use.
31. EWWW Image Optimizer: Image Compression Plugin
EWWW Image Optimizer compresses images in your WordPress media library. It can also lazy-load and auto-scale images. All of this helps improve your site speed.
Key EWWW Image Optimizer Features
- Unlimited Use: Optimize everything with no speed limits and unlimited file size
- Plug and Go: Automatically compress, scale, lazy-load, and convert to WebP format every image you upload
- Bulk Image Optimization: Optimize existing images in your Media Library and other folders
- Backups: Store your original images for 30 days
Why You’ll Love EWWW Image Optimizer
Everything is automatic. Compression, scaling, and other image changes don’t need manual intervention. You can optimize using tools on your server, too.
Alternatives: Smush, Imagify, TinyPNG are 3 great image compression plugins. TinyPNG also has a browser-based optimizer for all your image compression needs.
32. WP Control: Best Feature Disabling Plugin
WP Control helps you clean up your website by enabling or disabling core features.
We love WordPress for the many options and features it offers, but sometimes it’s too much. If you just need a simple, secure, and fast website, WP Control lets you disable unnecessary features.
Key WP Control Features
- Disable Comments: Control commenting site wide or on specific post types such as posts, pages, and media.
- Disable Gutenberg: Reverts to the Classic Editor
- Disable Gravatar: Protect your users privacy or prevent inappropriate avatars
- Disable Right Click: Protect your code and content from thieves and hackers
- and more
Why You’ll Love WP Control
This all-in-one plugin lets you quickly and easily streamline your WordPress site. You can disable features with just a few clicks without any coding knowledge or hiring a developer.
Wait, there’s more! We’ve added some of the newest best WordPress plugins for business.
33. TablePress: Best Table Plugin (Free)
TablePress is a free, open source plugin that lets you create and manage tables on your WordPresssite. You can create sortable tables with numbers, text, images, links, or even math formulas.
Key TablePress Features
- Embedding: Add tables to your posts, pages, or widgets using a Shortcode
- Import/Export: Convert to and from Excel, CSV, HTML, and other formats
- Advanced Editor: Make styling changes without knowing HTML
- Preview: See what your table looks like before publishing
- Free Extensions: Add custom features and enhancements
Why You’ll Love TablePress
TablePress is an easy way to create and display advanced tables on your WordPress site. The support is top notch, particularly for a free plugin. The core plugin is simple to use and there are lots of extensions available for free or donation.
34. Envira Gallery: Best Gallery Plugin
Envira Gallery is the premium WordPress plugin for making media galleries. You can use Envira to create responsive photo and video galleries in minutes.
Key Envira Gallery Features
- Drag & Drop Builder: Create your galleries without any coding
- Gallery Themes: Use pre-built templates as a starting point
- Responsive: Build galleries that work on mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Standalone Galleries: Create independent galleries separate from your posts or pages
- Addons: Add pro features like albums, social sharing, watermarking, proofing, and more
Why You’ll Love Envira Gallery
The interface is intuitive to use with clear documentation and excellent support. Envira also integrates well with most themes and plugins. You can use the galleries for portfolios, case studies, photography websites, and anywhere you need to display images easily.
35. AdSanity: Best Ad Rotator Plugin
If you’re a blogger or business owner run your own ads or place network ads on your WordPress website, you need AdSanity.
AdSanity is an ad rotator plugin. You can use it to create and manage ads shown on your website, whether your own in-house ads or ads from a network like Google AdSense.
Key AdSanity Features
- Publishing Options: Set begin and end dates for individual ads or run them indefinitely
- Display Options: Use widgets, shortcodes, and template tags to place your ads wherever you want
- Graphical Stats: Quickly see how your ads are performing
- HTML5 Ready: Display modern HTML5 ads with ease
Why You’ll Love AdSanity
AdSanity is beginner friendly without compromising on features and functionality. The support is excellent with a dedicated help site and support ticket system.
36. Missed Scheduled Posts: Best Missed Schedule Error Plugin
If you’re seeing a “missed schedule” error on your scheduled posts, you need this plugin. Missed Scheduled Posts triggers your scheduled posts to publish on time.
Key Missed Scheduled Posts Features
- Automatic Checks: The plugin checks for posts with missed schedule error every 15 minutes and automatically publishes them
- Multiple Checking Techniques: Never miss a post again
Why You’ll Love Missed Scheduled Posts
This plugin fixes a specific problem without adding load time to the site. It runs easily and reliably every time. Set it and forget it!
37. Autonami: Best Marketing Automation Plugin
Autonami is a self-hosted marketing automation engine. This means you can manage your marketing campaigns and customers all from inside your WordPress dashboard.
Key Autonami Features
- Lightweight CRM: See all your customer data in one spot
- Automated Follow-Ups: Use email and SMS to recover abandoned carts, send post-purchase education, and offer next order coupons to grow your revenue
- Smart Workflows: Connect your WordPress plugins together without code
- Integrations: Connect with WooCommerce and send purchase and abandoned cart data to your CRM
Why You’ll Love Autonami
Autonami replaces multiple WordPress and WooCommerce plugins, so you don’t have to waste time finding different solutions, managing updates, or resolving code conflicts. It works flawlessly without slowing your load time.
More of the Best WordPress Plugins for Business
Looking for something that wasn’t on this list? You’re in luck! We’re serious about finding the most useful plugins for every situation. Check out our other showcases:
There you have it! These are the best plugins for WordPress that we’ve found and even use on our own websites.
If you’re ready to start generating more leads, sign up for OptinMonster, the premium lead generation plugin for WordPress.
If you like this article, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more free articles.
Thanks for reading this article – I hope you found it helpful.
I wanted to let you know about our powerful Exit Intent® technology that converts abandoning website visitors into email subscribers and customers. Typically 70% of the people who visit your website will leave and never return, meaning all those marketing efforts to reach them have gone to waste.
OptinMonster’s Exit Intent® technology detects user behavior and prompts them with a targeted campaign at the precise moment they are about to leave.
You can unlock this powerful technology 100% free when you purchase our OptinMonster Pro plan.
Get started with OptinMonster today and see why 1,000,000+ choose OptinMonster to get more subscribers and customers.
President of OptinMonster
Great List, Jacinda!
I also use Yoast for SEO and Neuronto for automating wordpress translation (it uses AI and DeepL to automatically generate new multilingual content).
Wow! That is so many. Im actually confused now haha! Thanks for the detailed review.
Hopefully a little less confused than trying to wade through 55,000+ plugins in the WordPress plugin repository! ?
tҺe website іѕ really good, I love your web site!
Thanks for providing such detailed information. It is really helpful.
Thank you, your article helped me. My mistake was that at the beginning, I installed too many plugins, and because of this, the speed of my site slowed down a lot. After reading your article, I realized which plugins I need and which I can get rid of. Thanks for the help!
Nice! So happy the post helped you identify what you needed and which ones were slowing you down! Thanks for reading 🙂